Tuesday, August 24, 2010

JCP Salon hair cutting and coloring prices?

One of my best friends is a sales associate at JCP asked, on my behalf, one of the hair dressers how much a cut and highlights would be for my short, thin hair. She said it would be $45 for both. This hair dresser is one of the three that actually does color and highlights with hair.





I got my hair done at the same salon but with a different hair dresser (due to schedule difference) there and got charged $85. The hair dresser never went over the price with me so I assumed it was $45 for both. She did ask me if I wanted a full highlight or partial and I said full, but I can't imagine the price variance being almost DOUBLE the amount of what the other hair dresser said.





So for clarification how much should I have been charged for a full foil highlight and cut?





And





How could there have been such confusion amongst the price the first hair dresser said and the second gave?JCP Salon hair cutting and coloring prices?
This is because stylists at many salons set their own prices for dying, highlighting, perming...... The prices vary on how accomplished the stylist is and how many years they have been on the job, or if they just want to make some quick cash they might discount it for you, if you're a friend, good client..... just all depends on their mood. Some places have a ';price menu'; and the prices vary on the level of the stylist i.e. ';master'; Some stylists just rent booths and charge whatever they want.... when having more ';pricey'; work done always ask... What would have happened if you didn't have enough money? 85 sounds about right when you consider the cut and style portion. I pay 55 just for a cut so go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment